Saturday 4 August 2012

A poem from the heart.

Little high little low, little hey little hoe! :)

I can't believe I'm saying this and I am actually typing this in words but here goes nothing, I-am-missing-Poetry-class :) I do! I really do! Missing the moments when my group mates and I had to create our own poems and we had to present our "masterpiece" in front of the class. Nerve-wracking yo! Yes, sometimes I like to write poems and I enjoy doing so, but it depends on my mood too and what it is I am writing about. Poetry is a great way of expressing your thoughts, feelings and emotions on paper. For me, one needs to have passion in doing something. Same as in writing poetry. If you do not have passion in poetry how are you going to produce great poems? I will always remember what the late Steve Jobs once quoted, "The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle." I am no William Shakepeare nor Robert Frost, but I do write (even if it is a three-lines poem) during my spare time just like the short poem below. Enjoy! :D     


Dear gras bilong fes,
Or shall I call you 'angel on earth'?
True, I am hypnotise by your beauty and your mess,

I have been dreaming of you and only you since birth. 

I am not Christina Perri,
Who can love someone for a thousand years,
But if I have the chance to marry,
I promise I will never drown you in tears.

Yes, I am hiding my own feelings,
Only because I am afraid to let it show,
Along with the idle talk of human beings,
Yet, the more I deny my feelings the more they grow.


*P.s. I won't tell you what 'gras bilong fes' means. If you want to know, ask GOOGLE! :p
Esok nak makan apa for sahur ey? Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. syakeera, serahkan cinta yang abadi kepada Allah, sebatikan cinta yang suci kepada Rasul, dan berikan cinta yang tulen kepada ibu-mu (Sang Ratu).

    ReplyDelete