Last Friday night, (yeah I think we broke the law, always say we're gonna stop...*tetiba nyanyi lagu Katy Perry) my family and I attended usrah and the invited guests were Amy Sofea who won the Islamic reality TV show 'Solehah' and two other finalists of the program. They gave some beneficial tips and shared some touching and inspiring stories that I thought would be very interesting to share in my blog.
Cerita disebalik PISANG GORENG:
This story was told to us by one of the finalists. It is about a lady who sells pisang goreng. She was able to go to Makkah Al-Mukarramah to perform Hajj after two years selling pisang goreng. The secret behind her success was:
- Rajin melakukan solat malam
- Sedekah tanpa pengetahuan orang
(Contoh, letak pisang goreng lebih terutama jika yang membelinya adalah orang miskin).
- Always read surah Al-Waqiah
- Bangun sebelum subuh
- Banyak berjalan (kurangkan tidur!!)
- Kurangkan makan (okay, NOTED!)
- Jaga kesihatan
- Jangan berdengki
- Control our temper
- Always have a positive mindset
Tips on memorizing the Holy Qur'an:
- First and foremost, we have to be able to read the Qur'an fluently.
- Repeat each word/verses many times (10-20 times would be enough).
- Get someone who reads the Qur'an well to listen to you (tasmiq).
- Practice reading dalam solat.
- Try hafal setiap hari. InsyaAllah lama kelamaan akan dapat hafal juga.
*Sedikit sedikit lama lama jadi bukit...